What Are the Pros and Cons of Title Loans?
Every single financial decision that we make in our lives has both pros and cons which go along with it. And if you are considering the option of a title loan for your current financial crisis, you may be wondering exactly what are the pros and cons of title loans. We plan to use this information article to answer that exact question for you along with how we, TFC Title Loans, tries our hardest to minimize the risks/cons associated with title loans. Over the past 25 years, we have been consistently passionate about making our customers our number one priority which has led us to spend a substantial amount of time and resources on consumer education and lender transparency. As the oldest title loan lender in California, we strongly believe that title loans can be an amazing way to obtain emergency funding but we also acknowledge that our customers ought to fully understand every aspect before making an important financial decision.
So many title loan lenders don’t believe that it is their responsibility to inform their customers on every aspect of the commitment they are making, especially the negative aspects. Ever since we first opened our doors in 1994, we have been constantly perfecting our lending process and sharing that ever-evolving process with our customers every step along the way. If you end up deciding that title loans are the right solution for you, after reading about all the pros and cons of them, then you ought to fill out our online application straight away!
Pros of Car Title Loans
- Easy Application: Unlike the application processes for personal loans at traditional banks, title loan applications are exceedingly simple and quick so that you can get the money you need far faster. With TFC Title Loans, our online application only takes about five minutes to complete and turn in. We call you up soon after to tell you the next step you don’t need to worry.
- Current Employment Not Necessary: Even though it is required that you provide proof of income, it is NOT required that you need to provide proof of employment. A regular income or an ability to repay the loan can be proven by a wide range of things such as employment, unemployment benefits, disability, retirement, inheritance, and/or pension.
- Perfect Credit Not Required: Since title loans are a secured loan that uses your car as collateral, there is no need for you to have an absolutely perfect credit score. We do check your credit but only to ensure that you aren’t currently undergoing credit counseling or in active bankruptcy.
- Quick Cash: When everything moves smoothly, we will be able you your funding as fast as the very next business day after you are approved. This is one of the best benefits of a title loan since financial emergencies usually require money very quickly.
- Keep Driving: We don’t take your form of transportation from you so there is no need for you to worry about that! We only place a lien on your car title and keep that then you drive off in your car with the money.
Cons of Car Title Loans
- Higher Interest Rates: Since there is a higher risk for lenders, there are usually higher interest rates for title loans compared to unsecured loans.
- Possibility of Repossession: There is a lien placed on your car title which means that if you were to default the loan and be unable to pay it off at all, your vehicle could possibly be repossessed.
- Short Repayment Schedules: Some title loan lenders require that customers pay off the loan in a period as short as 30 days.
TFC Title Loans Minimizes Cons
- Sliding Interest Scale: TFC Title Loans has a special product meant to decrease the interest rates for title loans as much as possible. It is a sliding scale interest rate so each loan’s interest can be unique to the customer.
- Longer Repayment Schedules: TFC also has far longer repayment schedules so that your monthly payments are low enough to be affordable, somewhere between 24 and 36 months.
- No Prepayment Penalties: We charge absolutely no prepayment penalties here at TFC Title Loans. So, you can pay off your loan as early as you would like to in order to avoid the accruement of interest.
If you have any remaining questions about the pros and cons of title loans then please give us a call and we will happily each and every question you have. But if you have already decided that you would like to obtain an auto title loan with us then fill out our online application today!